Sunday, November 9, 2008

Here are Two Great Blogs

I just found a new ecology blog that is totally cool. I wanted to share it with you all. It's called Let Me Green . The first thing I found there were affordable solar panels which I want to power my green house as I want to continue growing vegetables over the winter in our potting shed. My husband and I went to an art opening at the Launch Pad Gallery on Thursday and bought a really cool piece of multimedia art to go in there. It's by Rebecca Shelly. Here's some info about her. She has a great web site about gardening and her art. If you're a gardener, you've got to check her out!

Rebecca Shelly

Rebecca Shelly will be showing some beautiful drawings & installation work from her MFA thesis about modern-day victory gardens. These pieces are originally inspired by a WWII era government propaganda campaign to encourage Americans to plant food gardens, which they called, “Victory Gardens”, as a way of supporting the war effort. Shelly has taken the idea of the Victory Garden and adapted it to address a different yet equally grave set of problems facing us today.

No comments: